Friday 13 January 2012

< R A N T >

Just failed my HGV Test - all because of some stupid BMW driver thinking he owns the road.

Scenario:

Yeading lane at Whiteheart Roundabout, next to the petrol station. I come up to the junction, wanting to turn left. However, as you can see in the google StreetView image below,  there is this little funny lane that appears. In a truck, you cannot take the whole of that little lane when turning left, otherwise you hit the curb (fail), therefore you can only cover part of it.


This therefore means that the lane is still partially open for people exiting the petrol station. The BMW decided that he would attempt to use it to turn right IN FRONT OF ME. He was even partially on the curb. Obviously a big truck that looks like this with loads of 'L' plates all over it means that he is always right and can do anything, not: oh, I better be careful, there is a learner in there.

So I nearly take out this nice near-new black BMW because of his idiotic driving. The only reason I missed him is because the examiner shouted "STOP!" = game over :(

So that's ~£400 pounds down the drain because of a black BMW in my blind spot.

Note that if you own one, and I happen to have a golf club / cricket bat etc. in my hand, it may suffer a a consequence - you have been warned.

&lt; / R A N T >

No comments:

Post a Comment