Wednesday 26 October 2011

Its that time of the month again

Oh dear, now that I am nearing the end of dying (this illness is finally starting to clear up), my server has decided to have its period today :(
Apparently my Windows Server 2008 R2 installation on partition G:  has a problem and cant boot. Strange, since it was installed on C: ...... hmmmmmmmm

So its back to the community ( http://superuser.com/questions/350685/windows-server-2008-r2-only-boots-to-recovery-console ) to see if anyone can help. Tried all the standard things, but none of them want to work, grrrr. Well better now than closer to the hand ins for my dissertation.

I was even planning to buy another 4TB for the server to back up everything, but that idea went down the drain when I discovered that because of flooding somewhere in one of these countries where they make HDDs, the prices of them have doubled in the past week - grrrrr

Oh well, now just to wait and see how long its going to take to get my server back online so I can finish installing and configuring all the components I need to do my programming.

Back to reality now.........

No comments:

Post a Comment